Friday, August 13, 2010

And So It Might Begin

I have been thoroughly unconvinced about Twitter. What little I had seen of it consisted mostly of the types of posts some my middle-aged friends posted in their early Facebook statuses . "At the store," "feeling tired," or "waiting for the L." Frankly, I could not understand why I would ever want to follow these people. I did not get it.

Notwithstanding not getting it, I keep giving Twitter more chances because . . . well . . . it seems popular and I can't figure out why. Of course, I could say the same of country music, and I have been comfortable with my rejection of that.

Anyway, I signed up for a Twitter account last week. Thus far I have been using it basically as an RSS feed for some news web pages. I have not ever posted anything. What I can't decide is (a) whether to start tweeting, and (b) if I do, what to tweet about. Work? Hilarity? Deep thought? Some specific idea? I don't know.

Feel free to comment. If I decide to start posting I'll say what it is here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Intrigued.shesays said...

In my honest opinion, only tweet when you feel the need to share something. Perhaps it would be too short of a statement to post on your blog. You could then tweet it on your twitter account. Don't feel the need to conform with others just because they're doing so. Just do whatever you decide to do. You are your own judge.

Until then.
xx

7:28 AM  
Blogger Patty O said...

Hey there. I've also been thinking about doing Twitter, but honestly, I don't see how it's any different from the status update on Facebook. I might try it out eventually though, just for the heck of it.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home