Monday, June 07, 2010

Walking the Tightrope

I saw an article about a man who was a professor at my law school when I was a student there. I did not take any of his classes, since he had a reputation, deserved or not, of being a grade point killer and relatively unpleasant as a professor. I say again, that was all reputation, which may or may not have been deserved. Although, I think it probably was.

Anyway, if you read the article, it seems as if the professor and his family are a little litigious. In a case that was mostly dismissed on summary judgment there were 100,000 pages of discovery (!!!) and 100 hours of depositions (!!!). That is an enormous amount of lawyering to have all claims except pendant state tort claims dismissed on summary judgment. I have been involved in (literally) million dollar cases with 1/100th the amount of discovery and half the depositions (for both parties combined).

And the "tight rope" I referred to above? Please don't sue me for posting this, Mr. Professor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home