Saturday, February 07, 2009

PERSPECTIVE

I just realized that this is my 667th post on this blog. That means that the one before this was SATAN'S post! Davos must be SATAN'S gathering! It all makes sense now.

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to post about. I wanted to post about the vital importance of perspective. Today it was 52 degrees in Chicago. 52 is not really all that warm. Nevertheless, we opened windows upstairs and downstairs, and took U out for TWO walks today. There were kids in the playlot. There were people EVERYWHERE when we were out. People were acting like summer had arrived and we were all free.

I describe this not because I think it is a real revelation to anyone who lives with seasons, but because it is such a joyous day. This day in April or May is not that big a deal. But in February it is the kind of day where people are smiling, kids are playing, people are out talking to neighbors. Good stuff. Of course, I'm sure a lot of scumbag gang bangers will shoot each other (some people can't let anything be nice), but it is still a great day. We should have a name for these days, when winter gives us a break for a few days. Maybe I should write in to the Atlantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home