Sunday, December 30, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I missed the opportunity to say Merry Christmas, so, Happy New Year. L, U, and I were in beautiful Boogey for Christmas day. We have been back a few days. At Thanksgiving, U helped turn a 313.8 mile drive into an eight hour journey. This week, he was a superstar and limited it to a six (or so) hour trip. Much better.

Anyway, I don't have anything to add to the biggest story of the holiday season, i.e. Bhutto's assassination. Pakistan is the most dangerous country in the world, and instability there is dire. I did see an amazing little piece of schadenfreude (or schadenfreude?) in today's paper though. Apparently Norway has always been the poor relation when dealing with Sweden. However, in the last few years oil has made Norway much wealthier, and has supported a roaring economy. Now Norway has Swedish people coming to Norway to make money doing menial labor. And the Norwegians can't quite contain their glee.

The Times also proved that they just-don't-GET-it in this article. It is devoted to the idea that Hip-Hop is in trouble because CD sales are down. Of course, CD sales may not be the best measure of success these days. I own the Kanye and Common albums they discuss. In both cases, I bought them on iTunes. The last CD I bought? An English edition of the new Dizzee Rascal, because it had a song I could not buy on iTunes. Before that? Couldn't tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home