Sunday, August 13, 2006

AUGUST 13 NEW YORK TIMES

There was really only one thing in today's paper that I was really into. In the New York Report they had an article about Staten Island. The reporter walked the perimeter of the island over just under a week. The article is very interesting, and there is also a video available.

Apparently Staten Island is kind of a freak show of a place, with a self-declared monarch, wild dogs roaming the island, a house full of poets and crazy people 45 minutes from Wall Street, and other odd people. Very interesting. Makes me want to visit Staten Island.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, do not visit Staten Island. I lived there for three months my first summer out of college. It was in the basement of a house with this communist family, and we fucking hated each other. Also it was in the ghetto: Wu-Tang Clan grew up just down the road. Re-reading this I make it sound like some sort of hilarious adventure, but in all seriousness, it SUCKED. I guess taking the ferry to work was kinda cool, but utterly not worth it otherwise.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home