Sunday, June 11, 2006

VOLUME MAKES PEOPLE STUPID

Today I went to the Sam's Club. The Sam's Club really captures my yin and yang. On the one hand, I really love the collection of stuff I don't need. The impulse buying possibilities are close to endless. It is really the sort of place that I tend to buy things I don't need. That would be the yin.

The yang is when I realize that the pure volume available for purchase makes most people absolute morons. It probably does not help if back at home they did not really have "stores" so much as Five Year Plan Central Plan Shops with one exemplar of each item. This really makes people go nuts. Which makes me want to kick them. This would definitely be the yang.

And so, I buy 32 bottles of water for under $5, and other assorted crap at great prices, but it takes years off my life every time I do it. Yin and yang.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree. Buying a 32 pack of water for $5 is an example of a good deal and a responsible consumer. On the other hand, buying an 8 pack of lint roller refills is a true example of a right proper moron in the throes of a buying frenzy.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home