Friday, June 30, 2006

SPONTANEOUS PUBLICITY

Last night I was reminded of this quote from The Jerk: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need! My name in print! That really makes somebody! Things are going to start happening to me now."

My Tante E was in town. She is not very interested in computers, the internet, blogs, etc. etc. For the first time last night she witnessed her name being googled. She was so excited. It was charming in its own way. Kind of like Navin R. Johnson's excitement. And by the way, given her reaction, I feel perfectly safe blogging this story. I mean what are the odds of her reading this and wanting to "discuss"?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Your Aunt E must have been gaga to be googled:-) anything good?
NPN

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home