Sunday, March 05, 2006

IF YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH, YOU GET IN THE PAPER

Today's New York Times had an article about people piggybacking on other people's wireless internet connections. They say that it is like stealing.

First of all, it is not stealing. In fact, my lap top sometimes automatically connects to wireless networks, whether I want it to or not. If you fail to protect access to your connection, it is free to whomever can use it. Similarly, if I stand on a public way and can read a newspaper by your lights I have not "stolen" your light.

Second of all, it took L and I all of about 20 minutes to put encryption on our network. If you cannot or do not figure out how to do this, maybe a wirless network is a little too advanced for you.

And that's all I have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home