Tuesday, January 10, 2006

BASEBALL HALL OF FAME

Wow. Last year the quintessential Cub for my generation, Ryne Sandberg was elected to the baseball hall of fame. Today one of the first Cubs I was fully aware of as a fan, Bruce Sutter, was elected to the hall of fame. Can Rick Reuschel, Dennis Lamp, or Jose Cardenal be far behind?

By the way, Dennis Lamp gave up Willie McCovey's 513th home run (most by a National League lefty), Lou Brock's 3,000th hit, and Reggie Jackson's 2000th hit. Even though he did only the first two as a Cub, clearly Lamp was born to be a Cub.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sutter was good, but I hope you are kidding about the others. I also couldn't care less about him going in with a Cardinal hat on, this really seems to bother some Cub fans.

2:08 PM  
Blogger David said...

Yes, Bill. I was kidding.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home