Saturday, October 08, 2005

SCHADENFREUDE

Schadenfreude is a German word that means "joy in the pain of others." Not bad pain, i.e. not sadism, but irritating pain. I got to feel Schadenfreude last night when the White Sox swept the Red Sox. Oddly enough, my Schadenfreude was directed at White Sox fans, not Red Sox fans.

See, Red Sox fans seem to have been miserable as world champions. They had nothing to moan about. However, White Sox fans have been very snide about all of the recent "fans" the Cubs got in the 2000-2004 period. You know, all the "dudes" who cheered for no reason, and all the trixies that got destroyed at the games and did not know the score or understand what they saw. The were all Cubs "fans."

Last night, for the first time, I saw those people-in silver and black. They have all become Sox "fans." I know as a life long Cub fan how painful it was to have those "fans" acting like they had Cub love. Now I have to laugh as I contemplate the snide Sox fans watching those people talk about the Sox as if they are lifers. HA! HA! HA!

Maybe I'll be able to get decent tickets are Wrigley again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home