Thursday, October 20, 2005

BASEBALL AGAIN

OK, I have a few things about the World Series. While I am unhappy for L that her Cardinals lost last night, having Houston in the World Series does allow me to have the balance of my rooting instincts tilt in favor of the White Sox. I really, really hate Bagwell, Biggio, and the rest of that team. Really. Therefore, almost by default, I'd prefer that the White Sox be world champions than the Astros.

Meanwhile, the Sox cannot catch a break here in the Chi. Resident asshole Jay Mariotti wrote a column today saying that if the Sox did not win the World Series they would be "forgotten." I think he succinctly makes his point when he says "All that said, they must win the Series to maximize and validate this tale for eternity. Otherwise, the Sox are just another team that won the American League and finished second, a team no one will remember next spring."

Nothing like giving credit where it is due and living in the moment, is there Jay? What an asshole that guy is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a non-Chicagoan and indifferent to Texas (except for things political), I gotta love a team that scores runs on passed ball third strikes, suicide squeezes with a one run lead in the ninth, and of course, last night's walk-off homer (baserunning gaffes notwithstanding). I'm just so pleased not to see overpaid pinstripes again, I'd cheer for any teams from either league. Biggio and Bagwell have been waiting awhile for their turn, so they can have it.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home