Thursday, September 15, 2005

COOL AS I AM

This morning I got on the el and took a seat in front of a high school kid with a modified mohawk. I did not have my mp3 player on. I sat down and realized I could hear his mp3 player, as well as the two high school girls across the aisle arguing about the vibrate feature on their cell phones. As I am opening my bag to get my mp3 player out, I realize that I can actually hear the song mohawk kid is listening to. I realize that I know the song, and that it is actually on my mp3 player too.

So now I'm wondering, am I as cool as 14 year old with a mohawk, or is that kid as cool as a mid-30s attorney in the Loop? Either way there is something very, very wrong.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

so (inquiring minds need to know) was the mp3?

Frank

1:18 PM  
Blogger David said...

It was the new Kanye. The tune I recognized was Gold Digger. Given the extent to which Kanye is considered "pop" I guess it is better for the old lawyer to be listening to it than Mohawk Boy...

4:31 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

well - you have to choose your music, and your company. I want to be alone in the quiet of night.
Not really but it sounded good.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home