Wednesday, August 24, 2005

NOT FUNNY TO MILTON BRADLEY

There is a saga going on in Los Angeles, where the Dodgers are imploding and two of their stars, Jeff Kent and Milton Bradley are starting to feud. I won't get into the details, other than to say that Kent, who is not only white, but drives a pick-up, ripped Bradley, who is black. Kent was previously a teammate of Barry Bonds' and ripped him too. Bradley has said that Kent "doesn't know how to deal with African-American people." Lots of drama, lots of losing, lots of bad baseball. None of that is worth a blog entry. Here's what is:

"It's a pattern of things that have been said--things said off the cuff that I don't interpret as funny. It may be funny to him, but it's not funny to Milton Bradley."

Now, how does he know what Milton Bradley finds funny. I mean, do they find Chutes and Ladders funny? Their commercials always had kids laughing while they played. What about "you sank my battleship!" They always laughed after they said that, but I always got pissed when my battleship sank. I guess the thing is, while life may be a Barrel of Monkees for Milton Bradley, I don't think its fair to judge the motives of a cracker like Jeff Kent based on a corporation's sense of humor.

Thank you and good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but, but how's the veal?

Frank

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home