Thursday, May 26, 2005

WELL THAT EXPLAINS IT

This morning on my way to work, I noticed a few very, very stereotypical gay couples. You know. Very buff. Short hair. Big goatees. You know. Had I been on Halsted I would not have even thought about this. However, I was in the Loop on a Thursday morning.

At lunch my usual haunts were swarming with men who looked fundamentally identical. They were all buff. The all had short hair. They all had big goatees. Again, I was not on Halsted, I was underground between 303 East Wacker and 151 East Wacker. I finally asked the person I was with what the deal was. She said "leather convention" in the sort of flip way that makes you feel inferior for not knowing.

Turns out that there really is an international mister leather convention in town. It is at the Hyatt Regency (151 East Wacker). The weekend event includes a roast, a smokingHOT guys party, and a people of color leather leadership forum. I'm not making this up.

Photos include:
Mr Leather Italia
Popeye with Slave
The Scariest Man Alive
Officer Friendly
And finally, a page called "winners." That is all just from 2004.

By the way, Mr Leather Italia is carrying two bandanas in his pocket. One of my infrequent readers at work pointed out that the bandanas had meaning in certain segments of the gay community. I am not sure, but I think he is a piss freak who is just cruising right now. Oh my goodness. An advertising piss freak.

Wow. Just another reason to be careful before you ask someone what they're planning to do during the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home