Friday, March 18, 2005

NCAAs: DAY ONE

13-3. Seems OK, until you know that I picked tremendous upset Wisconsin-Milwaukee over Alabama, and had Pacific over Pitt, and Nevada over Texas. What, you may ask, did I get wrong then?

Well, funny thing about my thought processes. For instance, I am an Illinois fan. Iowa played Illinois very well this year. Cincinnati was destroyed by Illinois. Ergo, I assumed that Iowa would manhandle a vastly overrated Cincinnati team. You know what they say about assuming. It makes an ass out of my bracket. Similarly, UCLA went into Notre Dame two weeks ago when ND needed to win to get into the NCAA tournament (hope all of the Irish fans enjoyed that one NIT game they got) and beat ND. Seems like UCLA is supposed to be a good road team. Seems like the PAC 10 is supposed to be a very strong conference. Seems like Texas Tech is supposed to be a football school with an unstable coach. Seems like I got a bad case of the "supposed tos" and got screwed by damned UCLA. Finally, LSU sucks. The SEC sucks.

However, Day Two is a new day, with a new opportunity to fo 16-0. Besides I had UCLA, Iowa, and LSU all losing their next games anyway.

GO ILLINI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home