Thursday, September 23, 2004

PERSPECTIVE

Today I rode the el from Western to Southport on the Ravenswood line in the little kid seat. This is the seat in the first car that faces the front of the train at the front, so you get the same perspective as the driver.

On the platform I was looking down at Rockwell waiting for the train. I had a distinct sense that the train would be there, then here. In the little kid seat, I got the distinct sense that the rails go on forever, with these strange little spots where people climb up next to them and the train stops. My perspective went from the point-to-point station-based perspective, to the ad infinitum, occasionally interrupted train-based perspective in ten seconds.

Then U and M got on at Southport and I talked to them all the way into the loop. And so it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home