Thursday, August 05, 2004

Clarification

F believes I mischaracterized his points. Since I can't link to his blog (it is not very transparent), I will post his reply. That is only fair. So speaketh F:

a) my concerns have been less with Patriot Act (much of which will sunset, anyway) but social policy initiatives that seek to incoporate much of the far right agenda into politics, a true violation of any truly conservative ethic

b) Kerry HAS foreign policy expertise in his group of advisors - they're the people who pissed away eight years under Clinton, causing many of the national security problems we are now stuck with. If they failed once, why should they be given free rein to fail again?

c) Defense and Intel were grossly underfunded in the 1990's. HUMINT suffered because budgets were slashed and technology was deemed the most cost effective way to gather intel if you couldn't put people in the field. And who voted for that? Kerry. And who's ideas were they? those of Kerry's foreign policy advisors. You siad the two war doctrine was sound but what mattered was choosing your second war wisely...doesn't matter which second war you choose if you don't have the resources to fight it effectively.

d) at least we agree on trade

All that being said, I (WAYLA BOY here again) still see no point in treating my party affiliation like I do my faith. I am a consumer of politics, and willing to treat the parties with all of the love and respect I reserve for internet service providers, telephone companies, airlines, and similar providers. Put a better product on the shelf, lower the price, and I'll buy. I will not, however, agonize when you put a product like Alan Keyes (!!!) on the shelf and expect me to buy.

Today’s Best

I don’t have time to blog, but there are a few things that I cannot let pass…

Nigerian police clash with wife-swappers from Reuters
No comment necessary.

Snohomish PUD moves to get rid of Enron fee (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
Fight for a fee-free pud!

Some pot use will be legal in Detroit, but little else changes (Detroit Free Press)
Arguably, nothing changes…

Finally, my favorite blog just celebrated its first anniversary. Here’s wishing for many nore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Well aren't you a sweetheart! Thanks for the shout out.

Forget presidential candidate debates, I think you and F should present the candidates' issues. It would be more informative, and definitely more entertaining.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home